Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 9, 10, and 11- Catching up from the weekend!!

I don’t even know where to start… I know that three days isn’t a very long time, but it seems like forever in blog time.
Friday was good despite Jake’s 3 hour dentist appointment- We had to be at the dentist office by 7:30 a.m. so I skipped out on my morning Yoga. Friday afternoon/evening was good though. I started working on the house and decided that it’s finally time to clean up and clean out! To feel better about ME, I have to take better care of me (and the fam) all around, and my boys would agree that it’s way past time to take care of some details in and around our home, so... I straightened on Friday night, I also took two hours of me time and went to Hobby Lobby and to Target, it was AMAZING. Just me and my buggy :)
I did have to stick to my strict budget, but I was able to find a few things to help spruce up the house. I got new curtains for the window over the kitchen sink, and also a beautiful candle holder that I put on the wall behind my bed- it gives the room a new romantic feel- quite appropriate for our 8 year anniversary coming up on Aug. 4th!

On Saturday I woke up earlier than normal- Brad was already at work and I was (surprisingly) eager to get started on the house work that I had started the night before.
I woke Jake up around 7:30 and he was in a happy/sleepy mood- but ready for day. We were at the grocery store before 8 a.m. which was so refreshing, I didn’t feel rushed or like I was in the way at all- we took our time and read labels and bought healthy yet tasty food.
In the past we would have got up around 9:30 or so, drove down the street to the BK for two orders of French toast sticks and then returned home to a leisurely morning of cartoons and lounging- NOT ANYMORE! I ate my Kashi cereal and then I was in high gear to complete the cleaning up/cleaning out plan that I created for myself on Friday.
If you know me at all, then you know that I LOVE to rearrange furniture; I’m not sure why, but I think that it makes me feel like I’ve got something new and/or exciting when really I’ve only switched some furniture around. Mid-day I started switching the furniture from our master suite to the guest room (and guest room to master)
Anyway- it works, yes, it prolongs my cleaning schedule but I’m usually super satisfied when all is done. I was hoping to get a lot more accomplished on Saturday then what I did, but I’m doing it “right” instead of throwing everything in the closet and under the beds. I have a long way to go, but hopefully by the end of this week, the house will be clean and I’ll be 5 lbs. lighter than 138.
*Sorry, I don’t know why or how I got off writing about cleaning house, but there it is…

OK- So off of cleaning, and onto Bragging…
I’m super excited because Tona (a friend at work) has decided to join me in drinking the ACV cocktails! It’s always helpful when you’ve got someone else working with you, someone to compare results/success with.
I’m a little discouraged because as of Friday, I was still at 138. I didn’t weigh myself this weekend, and I honestly forgot about it this morning, but I’m crossing my fingers in hopes that I’m down at least a pound or so…you’ll find out tomorrow.

Sunday I took the day off- Jake and I went back to First Pres. on Sunday morning and really enjoyed the message. It was really hard going to church without Bradley, but again…I’m trying to work in every area in my life to better me and my boys, and I know that we NEED to be in church so I just did it. Jake and I got up, got ready, and went; to my surprise it wasn’t bad at all, it was actually pretty wonderful!
Last night we all went to mom and dads for pizza and homemade peach ice cream :) probably not the best foods for my diet, but it was yummy! Overall it was great weekend!

Thanks for the support!

I’m still looking for suggestions on exercise, diet, and life- I’d love to know what works for you!

CD

No comments:

Post a Comment