Monday, August 23, 2010

So it’s day 33…or somewhere around there...

So it’s day 33…or somewhere around there and I am 100% addicted to life and ACV!
I don’t remember when or how this all started, but little by little all these things in my life that used to be so chaotic are now, like dominos, becoming habits.

Maybe I’m getting old, but I LOVE the house being clean. I enjoy eating well & eating right. I am so into GOING GREEN. What’s good for the earth is good for the body.
I want to eat all natural raw NEW foods, and run, and pray, play, and jump, and read, and swim, and cook and clean.

WHO IS THIS PERSON THAT I AM BECOMING?

Yes, I still love a super long nap under 2 comforters with a heating pad while the AC is set to 68 and the fan is running on high. I still can’t break the habit of letting the HOT water continually flow into the bath tub while the drain is wide open. I have a long way to go, this is true, but I am growing and learning everyday.

Bradley and Jake think I am CRAZY, but I can tell that my new (eating & cleaning) habits have a tiny influence on them…
Jake has been putting his own clothes away each time after I do the laundry- I know this may not seen like a big deal to anyone but for Bradley Driggers son this is HUGE.

Bradley comes from a very long line of precious, submissive women with wonderful, loving servants hearts. I on the other hand come from a very, very long line of…LONG- Need I say more?
This has made it more than a little challenging for both of us at times, but I am trying very hard to keep everything in its place, while giving everyone their own space.

It’s kind of like a switch just got flipped, and now that I am cleaning and taking care of myself and my home, sometimes it feels like the boys should just up and do the same thing. The hardest thing for me to remember right now is the fact that I am the one who is changing my habits and our way of living and eating. The boys are simply adjusting, and doing so in their own way(s). I am being patient, but eager for them to jump on this wagon with me. I trust that the longer and harder I work, the more this will rub off on them and the easier life in general will become.

Enough writing for now; I’ve got stuff to do!!

More later- CD

1 comment:

  1. awesome Courtney! I have been at least making my bed every day now lol.. some days it seems that is all I can get done. But, I can relate to so many things with you on this post and I agree about things becoming habits and a part of your lifestyle. Since I have changed how and what I eat, I am noticing that it isn't a fight anymore. I am not eating as much and I WANT to eat healthier!

    ReplyDelete